STX Europe's corporate governance principles are intended to ensure an appropriate division of roles and responsibilities among the company's owners, its Board of Directors, and its executive management. An appropriate division of roles promotes the establishment of goals and strategies and the implementation of adopted strategies, and ensures that performance is subject to measurement and follow-up. The principles also help ensure that the Group's activities are subject to satisfactory control. An appropriate division of roles and satisfactory control contribute to the greatest possible value creation over time, to the benefit of owners and other stakeholders. Good corporate governance builds and sustains confidence in STX Europe on the part of company shareholders, the investment community, and other stakeholders.
Corporate governance at STX Europe is based on the following core principles:
• Equal treatment of all shareholders
• Maintain the interests of all shareholders
• Publish timely and accurate information on the company's business activities
• Uphold independence and impartiality in the division of roles among the company's owners, Board, and executive management
• Conduct transactions with close associates at arm's length
• Adhere to current recommendations as to good corporate governance