1. The competition “BlockDocker” is a competition, taking place from December 19, 2008 to January 9, 2009 (hereinafter the Competition), organized by STX Europe (address: STX Finland Cruise Oy, Telakkakatu 1, P.O. Box 666, FI-20101 Turku, Finland) (hereinafter the Organizer).
2. The procedures for the Competition are established by the Organizer as set out in this document. By entering the Competition the participants confirm that they have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. All decisions of the Organizer in respect of the Competition are final and shall be binding on Competition participants.
3. The participants must be aged 18 or over at the date of entry. A participant under 18 years of age can be represented by a person who is 18 years or older.
4. In order to enter the Competition participants must send an e-mail containing all data as requested in category instructions. The entry takes place at the participants´ own cost. The entry costs via the internet may vary and the participants should check with their network operator for current charges.
5. In the Competition, the participants´ task is to build a replica of Oasis of the Seas and/or a cruise ship of tomorrow, using the LEGO® Digital Designer®.
6. The winners shall be chosen by the Organizer and shall be those entries, which, at the discretion of the Organizer, are most suitable for corporate gift utility (Oasis category) or represent the cruise ship of tomorrow in a manner, which is both creative and original (Innovative category). The Organizer’s decision is final and no discussions shall be entered into. There shall be no runners-up. The Competition prizes shall be:
a. Oasis category: A product package, which includes three (3) models of the winner's own design of the Oasis of the Seas and one (1) Apple® iPod® music player.
b. Innovative category: Flight tickets (economy extra class or comparable) to and from Miami, a 3-days' accommodation in a four-star hotel in the Art Deco district in Miami and access to the Seatrade Cruise Shipping event (the event takes place March 16-19, 2009) in Miami. The Organizer shall have the authority to specify the accommodation as well as the departure and arrival destination (airport) for the winner.
7. The winners of the Competition shall be announced on January 19, 2009, 10 days after the end of the application entry period, which is from December 19, 2008 to January 9, 2009. The winner(s) will be notified by e-mail or telephone as soon as practicable. They will be given instructions to follow in order to redeem their prizes.
8. The requirement and condition for receiving the prize by the winner(s) is the submission of correct personal and contact data when sending an e-mail and entering the Competition.
9. Once the winners have been chosen and notified, the winners’ first names, last names and countries of residence will appear also on the Competition website under the “Winners” section.
10. The Organizer shall have the right to verify the identity and permanent residency of Competition participants, and participants are obliged to provide the Organizer with the documents needed for that purpose.
11. As the Competition prize in the Innovative category involves the winner traveling, the winner shall be required to hold a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas. As the Competition prize necessitates travel during a specific range of dates, the winner must be able to travel within the dates specified by the Organizer, no alternative dates will be available. All elements of the prize, including without limitation flights and accommodation, shall be subject to availability.
13. It is the responsibility of the winner to arrange his/her own travel to and from the pre-defined departure destination (airport) set out in the article 6 above. For the avoidance of doubt, the winner shall pay any and all costs of getting to such departure destination.
13. The prizes won by the Competition participants in the course of the Competition shall not be replaced upon the demand of the Competition participants with alternative prizes nor shall winners receive cash equivalents.
14. Any prizes that have not been redeemed in accordance with the Organizer’s instructions on or before February 2, 2009 will be null and void.
15. The receipt of prizes is subject to and conditional upon compliance by the winner(s) with any and all laws, rules and regulations. The winner(s) are solely responsible for all insurances, applicable taxes and for any expenses not specified in the prize description (including, without limitation, spending money).
16. Any personal information, including, without limitation, the participant's name, age, address, postcode, country, phone number(s) and/or email address which is obtained by the Organizer by virtue of participants entering the Competition may, with the participant's consent, be used by the Organizer or disclosed to third parties for certain marketing, market research, analysis and related purposes. The participant has the right to remove one’s personal information from the Organizer’s database, as whenever the Organizer contacts the participants, the participants will find an email address at the bottom of the email, which the participants can use to tell the Organizer if the participants no longer wish to receive the communication in question.
17. By participating in the Competition the participants agree to release the Organizer from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, or any loss suffered in connection with the Competition or the use or acceptance of the prize.
18. By participating in the Competition participants agree to grant the Organizer the right to use the winner(s)'s name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
19. The Organizer reserves the right to use all competition entries/models for any purpose of its choice.
20. All disputes arising from the Competition shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Finland. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising in connection with the Competition shall be referred to arbitration in Helsinki, in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Act.
21. The Organizer shall have the unilateral right to terminate the Competition and the awarding of prizes due to an event of force majeure by notifying all Competition participants of this fact via the Competition website.
22. The Organizer shall have the unilateral right to exclude a participant from the Competition if he or she fails to obey any term or condition set out in this document. In that case, the Organizer shall have no liability for any loss or damage to the excluded participant, and the excluded participant shall have no claims or demands whatsoever towards the Organizer.
23. All complaints related to the organizational aspects of the Competition must be sent in writing to the address of the Competition Organizer STX Europe (address: STX Finland Cruise Oy, Telakkakatu 1, P.O. Box 666, FI-20101 Turku, Finland, keyword “BlockDocker”).
24. Entry into the Competition constitutes the participant(s)'s and winner(s)'s undisputable acceptance of the articles 1-23 above.