Protection of the marine ecosystems:
- Zero harmful discharge of wastewater.
- No transportation of foreign invading species.
- Antifouling hull paint without biocide.
Optimization of water management:
- Water consumption reduction.
- Advanced wastewater purification systems including half-Alaska-Murkowski performances and nutrients removal.
- Reuse of AC condensate.
- Wastewater recycling: advanced treatment and recycling as technical purpose for machinery equipment, gas treatment, deck washing and laundry.
- Biodegradable lubrication oil and seawater lubrication.
- Ballast water treatment systems.
- Silicone hull anti-fouling system.
- Lowest emissions to sea and air.
- Operational improvements by flexible and cost effective solutions.
- Valorization of the waste into energy.
- Briquetting machine for high recycling ratio, potential valorization on land and storage space optimization.
- Flue gas cleaning systems.
- Energy recovery systems.
Improvements for fuel cost reduction:
- Reduce the consumption of the final consumers.
- Improve the efficiency ratio of the energy conversion.
- Alternative energy assistance (wind, solar, ...).
- Simulation tools to optimize the design of the ship to her foreseen operational profile.
- Optimized hull and appendages with the best hydrodynamics parameters matching the ship program.
- High efficiency electrical propulsion.
- Advanced heat recovery systems on diesel engines and thermal waste treatment plant.
- Optimization of the electrical load with efficient HVAC systems, low consumption lightning, speed drives, high efficient pumps.
- Further improvements can be achieved by adapted platform and technical solutions package to the operational profile.
- Ecorizon Air Emission Management project is targeting to reduce ship impact on global warming and air quality. Air emission from a ship is coming from exhaust gases of power plant, oil fired boilers and waste incinerators.
- Combustion of fuel oil leads to emission of CO2, a green house gas. We need to focus our efforts on energy management improvements to reduce CO2 emission.
- Air quality is affected by the emission of NOx, SOx and particulates. Together with our suppliers, we are working on combustion parameters and post-treatment systems.
- Ecorizon is keeping ahead of the regulations by proposing to integrate a package of cutting edge solutions.
- Multi-parameters online emission monitoring system, linked with GPS position.
- Energy savings features including efficient propulsion architecture, energy recovery systems and consumers' optimization to cut CO2 emissions.
- Best diesel manufacturers technology including diesel engines optimized combustion devices reducing significantly particulates emissions and visible smoke, and reducing NOx emission from 20 to 40 %. Higher level of nitrogen oxides abatement can be reached with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR).
- Exhaust gas control systems as scrubbers to reduce the SOx level, giving flexibility in fuel selection even in SOx emission controlled areas.
- New generation of waste treatment systems and alternatives to incinerators.
- Odor treatment system for ventilation line coming from liquid and wet waste systems.
- Ecorizon sustainable design project aims to take environment into account from the design phase.
- Together with environmental specialists, Ecorizon sustainable design project develops tools to assess the environmental impacts of the ship from construction and operation to recycling.
- Green passport: an inventory of all potentially hazardous materials in the ship structure and equipment, describing the respective locations and quantity. This green passport will facilitate ship recycling.
- Environmental impact assessment: give ship owners a real view of the environmental impact of the ship by using a recognized tool with a multi criteria approach including global warming, air quality and non-sustainable resources consumption.