OSLO, 7 MARCH 2008: Aker Yards has received a request from Havyard Invest AS to schedule an extraordinary shareholders' meeting, to enable the shareholders to elect a new Board of Directors. Havyard says that the company will enter into a dialogue with Aker Yards' Nomination Committee in order to develop a proposal for the composition of a new Board of Directors.
Aker Yards' ordinary Annual Shareholders Meeting is scheduled to take place in Oslo; Norway at 25 April 2008. Aker Yards will now process the request from Havyard Invest in line with the relevant legislation and procedures for listed companies. Aker Yards aims at announcing a date and time for an extraordinary shareholders meeting shortly.
Havyard Invest AS owns 5.56 percent of the shares in Aker Yards ASA. Havyard Invest says that the company in addition controls 4.62 percent of the remaining shares, and thus in total controls 10.17 percent of the shares in Aker Yards ASA. Havyard base their request for an extraordinary shareholders meeting on the legislation for Norwegian publicly listed companies, paragraph 5-7, second section.
For further information, please contact:
SVP Corporate Communication and IR
Tel: +47 92 88 55 42
Investor Relations Manager
Tel: +47 95 14 11 47